We currently have 22 governors, of which 19 have been elected by the public and staff, and three are appointed by our partnership organisations. Click here to see who your governors are and how you can get in touch with them.
Our membership is split into constituencies:
- Bramhall & Cheadle
- Tame Valley & Werneth
- Heatons & Victoria
- Marple & Stepping Hill
- High Peak & Dales and Tameside & Glossop
- Community staff
- All other staff
Appointed - Our partnership organisations are:
- Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Stockport and High Peak Primary Care Trusts
- The voluntary sector
- The education sector
The role of the governor
The Board of Governors are the voice of the community, ensuring that local people have a say in the running of their hospital.
They are responsible for:
- Representing the interests of Stockport NHS Foundation Trust members and partner organisations in the local health economy.
- Regularly feeding back information about the Trust, its vision and its performance to the constituency they represent.
- If necessary, chairing or attending relevant sub-committees.
- Appointing the Non Executive Directors, including the Chair, of the Trust.
- Appointing the Trust’s Auditor.
- Working with the Board of Directors to produce plans for the future development of the Trust.
- Receiving, at a public meeting, copies of the Trust’s annual accounts, auditor’s reports and annual reports, and
- If concerns about the performance of the management board cannot be resolved at a local level, informing the Independent Regulator for NHS Foundation Trusts.
To register as a member of the Stockport NHS Foundation Trust, please complete the membership form, or register online.