Welcome to Stepping Hill Hospital
Visitors are always welcome, but please respect our Visiting Times.
A guide to visiting hospital
- Please do not visit if you are suffering from a cold, flu, diarrhoea or vomiting, or any other infectious symptoms.
- Please disinfect your hands before entering patient areas - using our hand gels dispensers which are outside the ward entrances - and do not sit on the patient’s bed.
- It is not advisable to bring babies and young children into ward areas as they are more susceptible to contracting infection.
- Food items which require refrigeration must be brought to the attention of the nurse in charge of the ward, as strict guidelines are in force regarding this practice.
- Cleanliness issues - please report any concerns to the nurse in charge.
- Flowers - each patient is permitted one vase of flowers or pot plant only, due to issues relating to infection control and emergency procedures.
- There is a strict no smoking policy on all our sites.
Infopoint freephone telephone kiosks
Infopoint units are auto-dialling telephone kiosks which allow the user to make free calls for a taxi, travel information, general health advice, stop smoking service and dental information service.
These are situated at our main hospital entrance (Oak House) and in our emergency (A&E) department.
Hot and cold meals, snacks, sandwiches and drinks
Opening hours: 8am - 5.45pm and 11.30pm - 1.30am, 7 days a week
Breakfast: 8am - 11am
Lunch: 11.30am - 2pm
Afternoon meals: 3.30pm - 5.45pm
Take 5 cafe
Hot and cold sandwiches, snacks and drinks
The cafe is in our main entrance, Oak House.
Opening hours, Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
Take 5 shop
Hot and cold drinks, snacks, confectionery, newspapers and magazines
The shop is next to our main entrance
Monday – Friday: 8.30am - 7pm
Saturday – Sunday: 9am - 5pm
Sunshine cafe and shop (women/maternity unit main entrance)
Hot and cold drinks and snacks, confectionery, newspapers, gifts and magazines
Monday – Friday: 9am - 4pm
Public toilets, including toilets for the disabled, are located in all outpatient departments. Baby changing facilities are available in outpatients A. Please ask a member of staff if help is required.
We offer a free Wi-fi service to patients and visitors to Stepping Hill Hospital. No usernames or passwords are required to connect, just check your smartphone wifi is enabled and select O2 Wifi from the network list. Next open your browser and follow the simple instructions. Your welcome page will then appear, and now you're connected.
Our free Wi-fi service is available at the following areas of Stepping Hill Hospital:
- Bobby Moore Unit
- Day Case Unit
- Main restaurant
- Maternity Ground Floor (Reception Area)
- Oak House, Ground Floor
- Outpatients A
- Outpatients B
- Take 5 Cafe
- Devonshire Centre (Dialstone Lane, Stockport)